Monday, June 21, 2010

Surreal inspiration...

This is my first post, so it will be a short one. I have been busy with my horror creations. My recent horror creation, was inspired by old movie posters. I don't recall, what this one was inspired by exactly, but the image itself was stuck in my mind all night.

I wanted the skin to look real and I wanted the eye to look like it had been suffering. I wanted the wearer and admirers to feel something for the pendant. I have been striving to capture personality in my pieces and I think that the "Cyclops" pendant helped me do just that!



I hope that you can see what I was trying to capture. I want to make more surreal pieces like this and I think I will turn this into a series.

I suppose you're wondering how I made this? I layered the skin and made my own batch of blood. The eye is bought locally and I drew the design myself.

I think that my art has improved over the past year. However, I wouldn't be this confident, without the support of my family and friends. I recently met some good people on Etsy and I'd like to give them a quick shout out.

Thank you for supporting me and believing in my work. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

If there are any horror artists out there, please contact me! I'd love to connect with other artists in my genre.

I guess that's all I have for now, but I will make another post tomorrow. I have a lot to show you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment